As the holiday season is quickly approaching, it is time to make plans for Thanksgiving! With many destinations closed due to the ongoing pandemic and restrictions in place to limit gatherings among households, it might feel like you are running out of options. The good news is that you and your family can still enjoy the holidays together at Bass Lake at Yosemite Resort. Keep reading for the top three reasons to plan a holiday camping trip in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains!
Yosemite Camping – Bass Lake Resort
1. There’s Plenty of Room for Social Distancing
Bass Lake at Yosemite Resort is a great place for socially distanced camping near Yosemite. Our property features full hookup RV campsites, 1-3 bedroom log cabins, and tent camping to allow you and your family to spend the holidays together while sleeping in separate quarters at nighttime. Get your glamping action on during the prettiest time of the year! Located 18 miles from Yosemite’s South Entrance, our resort is within walking distance of Bass Lake with tons to do such as birdwatching, hiking, and enjoying a picnic.
2. Thanksgiving Picnic in the Mountains = Instagram Gold
Not only does the Resort have an amazing outdoor setting and beautiful surroundings, there’s plenty of room to roam so the whole family can spend time together without having to crowd into one living room. Spread out on a large blanket or bring your own foldable table for the ultimate Thanksgiving picnic at Bass Lake. Don’t forget to tag Bass Lake at Yosemite when you post pics online!
3. Good Weather and Fewer Crowds
November is a spectacular month to visit California. The temperatures range from 50 to 80 degrees and the best part: it barely ever rains. With sunny days all the time, there is no room from gloom! Because the weather is a little cooler than usual and school is in full swing, the trails are usually less crowded, and you can take in the views as long as you’d like (or snap a picture to keep forever). Many hiking trails will stay open throughout November.
4. Fun Holiday Events
Here are some upcoming family events that are still taking place (as of right now) near Bass Lake:
- Need a night away from the kids to really relax? Ducey’s on the Lake has wine and beer tastings, as well as food options. There are also plenty of local Madera County breweries and wineries that are all the rave, such as South Gate Brewing Company, Mammoth Brewing Co, and many more.
- On November 28th , Bass Lake will be holding the 29 th annual tree lighting and parade of lights. The festival will start at 5 pm and end at 9 pm. The kids will love this parade and it is a perfect way to ring in the Christmas cheer. Santa may even make an appearance on his sleigh!
- Holiday Bazaar at Bass Lake is held from Nov 27 th to 29 th . Located at the Pines Resort, the Holiday Bazaar is a fair with a bunch of little shops where you can purchase handmade gifts, art, and much more.