Our Response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As with the nation, we are deeply concerned with the coronavirus pandemic. There is no greater priority than protecting our collective health and minimizing the spread of the virus. At the present time, we remain open and will follow all publicly issued guidelines.
Specifically, we are taking measures posted by the CDC and local health authorities, as well as following all guidelines outlined by our local and state authorities to help protect the health and well-being of our team members and guests:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our public areas and high-touch surfaces utilizing an EPA-registered cleaning product.
- Arriving guests will check-in outside of the office, allowing for minimal contact with team members. The office area will be open by appointment only, allowing for minimal contact and to promote social distancing.
- Resort-sponsored events and activities will be discontinued until further notice.
- The public is required to wear masks when inside public areas or in any outside area where 6′ social distance cannot be maintained. Click here for more information.
- The swimming pool will remain closed until further notice.
- Public showers are still available for guests camping in tents.
- Keeping our employees fully informed on how to stay healthy “on the job” and at home. No employee is permitted to work if they are not feeling well. Employees are required to wear masks when their work assignment requires them to be closer than 6 feet to each other and when they are interacting with guests.
FAQs & Additional Resources:
Where can I find the latest COVID updates for Madera County?
Is Yosemite National Park open? Are there restrictions in place?
Yosemite National Park is currently open by reservation only. Please click the link below for more information.
What is the current status of the Bass Lake Recreation area?
Click the link below for updates including alerts & warnings.